The Neos User-Interface was completely rewritten based on ReactJS.
While we have been focusing on recreating the existing User-Interface, there are important changes under the hood and even some exiting new features:
- Responsive preview modes, showcasing how the website looks e.g. on mobile.
- New “create node” dialog, with the ability to select insertion positions and enter required field values.
- Faster backend-loading and way faster document switching and initialization.
- We integrated CKEditor providing a stable basis for inline-editing. This brings an improved support for copy/pasting content from word or other websites. The editor now support using keyboard shortcuts for basic editing operations (bold/italic/…). On top of that it is now possible to add custom styles and classes to the editor.
The new UI is default for new projects and can be added to existing projects via composer:
composer require --no-update "neos/neos-ui:~1.0.0" composer require --no-update "neos/neos-ui-compiled:~1.0.0" composer update
This is to allow switching to the new UI seamlessly but also allows to set a completely different module to be used after login.
Add adjustment for the image quality that can be used to override the global configuration.
Introduces a signal ContentController::assetUploaded that sends the currently selected node and the siteNodeName along with the asset that’s about to be persisted.
This allows the asset to be tagged or added to collections based on the node type or path etc.
This change adds a new setting in the Media package to enable image interlacing.
It’s disabled by default, but you can change the setting to one of the values in Neos.Media.image.defaultOptions.interlace:
- %\Imagine\Image\ImageInterface::INTERLACE_NONE% (default)
The package Neos.NodeTypes was split up into separate packages to allow a more fine grained control about the NodeTypes that are available for editors.
- Neos.NodeTypes.BaseMixins: Base mixins which are useful across projects.
- Neos.NodeTypes.AssetList: A NodeType to provide a list of downloadable assets.
- Neos.NodeTypes.ColumnLayouts: Various simple column layouts NodeTypes.
- Neos.NodeTypes.ContentReferences: A simple content reference node type.
- Neos.NodeTypes.Form: A simple content reference node type.
- Neos.NodeTypes.Navigation: A navigation nodeType to create menus or lists of internal links.
- Neos.NodeTypes.Html: A simple html node type.
The package Neos.NodeTypes is now a wrapper for the packages above so your existing projects will continue to work as before.
Adds two new feature flags, upload and mediaBrowser that allow to hide respective buttons in the Image and Asset editors.
The prototypes Component, Editable, ContentComponent and Augmenter are added the Neos-core.
- Neos.Fusion:Component: Create a component that adds all properties to the props context and afterward evaluates the renderer.
- Neos.Neos:Editable: Create an editable tag for a property. In the frontend, only the content of the property gets rendered.
- Neos.Neos:ContentComponent: Base type to render component based content nodes, extends Neos.Fusion:Component
- Neos.Fusion:Augmenter: Add html-attributes to renderer code as processor or as a standalone prototype.
In addition the class \Neos\Neos\Service\HtmlAugmenter was moved to \Neos\Fusion\Service\HtmlAugmenter with a deprecated backwards compatible layer.
This change introduces the following Privileges: ReadAssetPrivilege, ReadTagPrivilege. ReadAssetCollectionPrivilege
This command iterates over all existing assets, checks their usage count and lists the assets which are not reported as used by any AssetUsageStrategies. The unused assets can than be removed.
Additionally all changes in Flow 4.3 apply, see the release notes to further information. See http://flowframework.readthedocs.org/en/4.3/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartV/ReleaseNotes/430.html